Saturday, September 21, 2013

Say what?!


I can't believe that 5 weeks of this year school year has already passed us by! Our weeks have been filled with getting to know each other, testing (ugh) and even a little fun. I am truly blessed by my job everyday. I love what I do and I love to be a positive part of their life's. (I like to think its positive).

A quick recap... 
Back to school night happens the night before school starts. I had all but 4 families show up, pretty awesome. It's great to meet them all. But it's also overwhelming. I have a hard time remembering all the parents. Students and families from last year stopped by, such a joy!

We have implemented a new test this year. It was created by the teachers in the district last near. It has potential, but there are still a lot of quirks to work out. We will work to make it better each time. There is also another new test, to find the reading level for each student. Holy cow, that one was a doozy! It could take 30-40 minutes per student. There just isn't enough time in the day!

I was able to get some fun when I went hiking in dinosaur national monument with Ashley. We hiked the sound of silence trail and checked out Josie's cabin. She lived obey herself in the canyons in east Utah. Pretty cool stuff! Last weekend, I drove to Salt Lake for a weekend of fun with my Oregon State girls! We ate good food (including awesome cupcakes), shared good stories and had a great time watching the Beavers beat Utah! Go Beavs!!

That following week I had three trainings; Monday night and all day Tuesday and Wednesday. I am thankful for the relaxing Saturday morning in bed. It was a crazy week! 

I leave with this final though...what if we looked forward to each day, each moment and all the potential it holds instead of focusing on future what is it come? Enjoy your life, each moment, each I experience, no matter how small or quiet it may be. 

Love and blessings,
Audrey



No comments:

Post a Comment