Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Priceless third grade quotations

I just had to write some of the awesome things these kids say down somewhere. Sometimes I can't contain my laughter when these things come out of their mouths.

Boy: "But Miss F, why does your hair do that? ...you know, go behind that hair in the front" ( I had literally know idea what my hair looked like or what he was even talking about but then) ...Girl: "That's just what girls hair looks like!"

"I would like to meet Hannah Montana. But I like her because she sings....not because some times she does bad things."

"Miss F, do you know about the twin towers?"
"Yes, I was alive when that happened!"
"You were?!" 

"Who is Michael Jordan?"  (What?!)


Love, love, love my job!

After telling my students we would be pen pals with a class from Oregon, one student raised his hand and asked " but how do they talk in Oregon?" " yeah, do they have accents?" 

We learned about Johnny Appleseed today...
"Miss F, where did the seeds come before there was a tree?" A couple of kids said nature, one kid said God and then one boy said we are not allowed to talk about that at school! 

Johnny wore a pot on his head when he was alive so naturally... "why don't we call him pothead?!"

While reading a sentence for correction about marriage a student said aloud,  "maybe that could be Miss F". I responded with, "we can hope!" And then things got crazy, ..."then you could have a shorter last name",  " we could be friends with your kids!"

"Sometimes this pencil can't concentrate"

"My phone number has 8 or 9 numbers, so it's kind of long distance"

"But Miss F, do they speak another language in Oregon?"

"Miss F, Stone is saying weird stuff. He's saying he has a girlfriend." -Brynlee

"Today, I am retiring my weirdness." -Will

"Miss F, your hair looks like my wrestling coach's". -Andrew







No comments:

Post a Comment