Monday, August 3, 2015

Moving on

I can not believe that I have left the cute town of Vernal and the amazing school that I worked at. I always said that moving back to Oregon was what I wanted and now it's happened!

It all happened so quickly and I truly did not expect to have this opportunity. I am happy to be back closer to family and friends. Especially because I will be an auntie in the next 5 months! How exciting is that?! I can't wait! Praying for all to be well during the pregnancy and birth!

There are definitely mixed emotions about this move. I keep thinking, "did I make the right choice?". But I remind myself that either way (staying or moving back) would be great. I had a fabulous job with a great staff and I had some of the greatest friends. I am beyond blessed to have had such a wonderful experience. I am grateful that I can look back on that time and think only positive, happy thoughts! Vernal is a unique town and has some oddities, but you really do grow to love it. I miss everything and everyone dearly! In particular, that cute guy who makes me laugh so much and who works so hard for everything he has. But hey, I can always go back, right?

I am nervous and anxious and excited and terrified and happy and everything in between about starting a new job. I'm thankful I'll be returning to the school I student taught at and where I worked part-time as a reading aide. The staff seems fabulous! The principal is amazing! I am lucky to be working at such a great school. I am looking forward to a new adventure! It will be a lot of work to learn new procedures, school rules, curriculum, students, etc. but it will be exciting. And as always, a whirl-wind of pure craziness!






No comments:

Post a Comment